Wednesday 21 August 2013

Craft #10: DIY Tie-front Blouse! (Closet Revamp!)

Heya chikitas!

Today I'm going to be super busy. My cousins are coming over for a visit, my aunts are taking us to a movie, and I have to get my ballet outfit from the studio. Phew! But the coolest part of today is that I get to share one of my favorite DIYs from Pinterest with you guys!

When you go to a store and see a whole bunch of trendy tops that look like this....

 

...don't you get the urge to impulsively buy it just because it's trendy? I have, on many occasions. But the only thing holding me back is the price tag. $33.50 for a sleeveless piece of chiffon? Yeah, right. Enter Pinterest, the best thing that's ever happened to people like me, who don't want to spend a small fortune on something that can be made at home for wayyy less.

Take this tutorial for example:


See? Much better. Just grab one of your dad's old button-up dress shirts (or buy one at a thrift store for $5) and you can make the same shirt for a price that's easier on a student's budget. The best part? This one is multitasking. Wear it under a dress for instant chic, or with a skirt for a more trendy approach.

And seriously. How cute are those polka dots?

Have a super fun day!

-Lulu <3

No comments:

Post a Comment