Friday 19 April 2013

Craft #4 - Lace-Adorned Dress!

Heya girlies!

Spring has sprung! And I can assure you that my interest in floral print and lace has sprung, too. It seems that my entire wardrobe is full of black and grey, with a hint of color every now and then. But this season, I'm determined to spruce things up a little by introducing some spring girliness into my fashion life by shopping for some lighter pieces (and by shopping I really mean scouring Pinterest for DIY spring fashion ideas).

One morning, I was continuing my search for DIYs when I saw a little piece of inspiration that sparked an idea... and now I shall share that idea with you all!






































Now you might be asking yourself, what exactly IS this idea and, more importantly, how do I get started? Well, to answer your question, the idea is..............an asymmetrical lace-adorned dress!

Okay, so here's how to get started:

1. Take an old lace bolero (with long sleeves, and the softer the lace the better) and cut off one of the sleeves (as shown above). If you'd like, cut the tip of the remaining sleeve into a diamond-like shape.
2. To prevent fraying of the edges that you cut, sew a pretty trim around them (black rickrack trim is a cute choice).
3. Take the button off (if there is one) and then cut and sew those two ends together to make it hook around your neck (if your head is too wide to fit through the opening you are about to make for your neck, attach hooks and eyes to either side of the two ends and use those instead).
4. Wear a cute strapless dress with it, and your outfit is officially complete!

So, I hope you liked this tutorial, and if you like what you see, you can leave me a comment below or even follow my blog :)

Lulu <3

P.S: For those of you who like to whistle while you work, an awesome tune to dance to is "Tiptoe" by Imagine Dragons. They rock! (Literally, too, because they're an indie rock band.)

No comments:

Post a Comment